Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pictures







I´ve had a backlog of pictures, since the internet connection hasn´t been the best recently, so this is kind of a mosaic of the past week or so. AMUCOBU is deep into the preparations for the gr
aduation of the sewing and baking workshops as well as the elementary school. For me, this has meant spending many hours making bows out of ribbon. I´m definitely getting sick of ribbon! But it´s been fun gossiping and laughing with the women in the office. I´m feeling like I´m understanding a lot more Spanish, although it´s still frustrating when everyone´s laughing hysterically and I didn´t catch the joke. It will come though. The first picture is of Theres hard at work on a bow. I went to her house on Friday to drink liter bottles of Toña (the local Old Style), dance, sing and learn dirty words from her friends. Her daughter Jania sings exactly like Shakira, and her friend (also named Theres), has the throaty voice of a Mexican folk singer.The sunset is from my weekend at the Laguna de Apoyo, to say goodbye to my friend Sarah. I went kayaking for the first time, cooked pasta and veggie sauce, spent a lot of time swinging in the hammock on the porch of our cabaña and climbed up the side of the crater to the Catarina lookout, where our group ate carne asada, gallo pinto, tostones and salad. The other picture is the front gate of AMUCOBU. It faces the dirt road where the 165 bus passes (every 15 minutes or so), squeezing past oncoming traffic, pedestrians, and over ditches.

1 Comments:

Blogger megan said...

maddy, that sunset picture is gorgeous.

i put something in the mail for you yesterday, so if you're lucky it should maybe arrive sometime before 2007, assuming i addressed it correctly.

miss you lots!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home