Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rainbow

It's been raining cats and dogs for about a week. It rained all day yesterday on my birthday, but I like the rain, so it was cool. Apparently October is the rainiest month. I remember when I came last year that it rained every morning, and in the afternoon usually as well. (as a side note, on Oct. 15 I will complete one year of being here!!!)

Today it started raining right when I was getting off the bus. I have to walk about 3 blocks from the bus stop to the Puntos office. At first I waited in the bus shelter, but decided to just run for it. I ended up getting totally soaked, including soaking through my shoes (they stink now).

It let up in the late morning, and started again in the afternoon. After English class with the kids, it had stopped raining and the sun actually showed its face. Reflecting on the clouds and the humidity that remained, a full rainbow stretched over the treeline in front of the classrooms. I think it might be the first time in my life that I've seen a full rainbow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home