Friday, February 09, 2007

Letters

These letters are specifically to Ada’s 5th grade Hebrew school class, but if anyone else is a teacher, or knows adolescents who would be interested in a letter exchange, please use these! If your kids want to write back, the snail mail address here is:

Maddy Brigell
Centro de Salud Walter Ferretti
De la Duya Magica, 3 c. abajo, 10 c. al sur
Distrito V
Barrio Walter Ferretti
Managua, NICARAGUA

Letter 1

Hi. My name is Damaris Lopez. I live in Managua, Nicaragua. I am 20 years old. I have one brother. My mother works in the hospital. My father lives and works in the United States. I go to high school in the morning. I’m a senior. In the afternoon I study English. My favorite music is romantic. I like to play soccer.

Letter 2

My name is América Moraga. I live in Managua, Nicaragua. I have two brothers and one sister. I’m the oldest. I’m nineteen years old. My mother is a housewife. She can cook very well. My father lives in New York with my uncles, aunts and cousins since two years ago. I like to listen to music. My favorite music is alternative rock and I also like hip hop and other rhythms. I like to talk and play sports, dance and know other places.

I have a lot of friends. Everyone lives in different parts of the city. My best friend is Karla Nárvaez. She is from El Salvador, but now lives in a village named Chiquilistawa. Me nad her like to go to the moies and party with the other guys. We like to play basketball.

But I don’t study wih her because I finished high school and in March will start College or University. I wanna be a lawyer.

That’s all. I hope you like my story.

All the best,

América Moraga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home