Monday, February 12, 2007

More letters

Class has been going really well!! The kids in my Sunday class got really excited about writing letters about themselves to kids in the United States, and were working really hard for the last half hour on their letters. I think they were also excited just to be able to formulate sentences, using the letter I gave them as a model. We've been singing lots of songs, including Is This Love by Bob Marley, Lady in Red, and Woman by John Lennon. There have been requests from the kids for Total Ecclipse of the Heart and more Beatles songs, so I'm sure we'll be singing more. The kids love music... They hear these songs all the time on the radio (particularly 80's love songs) and really want to know what the lyrics mean.

Here's another letter from one of my students:

My name is Erick David. I live in Managua, Nicaragua. I have five brothers and two nephews. I am nineteen years old. My mother is a housewife. My father is a supervisor. Now I am studying at high school in the morning. I am going to study English. I like to study English.

Also I study computers. I play drums. I like ot have friends.

My favorite sport is soccer and baseball too. I am a good player. I would like to compete with you someday. My favorite music is 80's music, reggae and ranchera.

Goodbye
Erick David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home