Monday, March 26, 2007

A very cute exchange

Cultural exchange between an American Jewish girl and a Nicaraguan girl.

Dear Silvia,

Hello, my name is Hannah Verman and I would love to be one of your friends in the United States! I am ten years old but will be 11 in April. I live in River Forest, Illinois and go to school at Roosevelt Middle School. I have one older sister named Rachel and one younger brother named Zach. It is funny you are learning English in school because I am learning Spanish in school. I do not have a favourite type of music, but I do like to listen to pop. Another thing in common that we share is that we both play soccer. I play on a team called Strikers that travels around Illinois. I also like to hang out with my friends when I have free time from playing soccer, volleyball and tennis. I am so excited that I have made a new friend so write back soon! Adios amiga!

Hannah Verman

Hi Hannah! Thank you for writing. I liked your letter very much. It surprised me that you like pop music too! What is your favourite group? I like a group with two singers named William and Fergi. They sing a song called “My Hump.” Do you know a group called Rebelde? I like them very much. They also sing pop music and are very popular in Nicaragua.

My birthday is December 20th. I will turn twelve. I want to eat pizza on my birthday with my family.

I would like to be on a soccer team like yours. In my neighbourhood we have a team called el Arsenal. They are very good and win a lot.

I would love (little drawing of a heart here) it if you write me again. Me gustaría mirarte algun dia.

Adios amiga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home