Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rainy season

So rainy season has started full force, and I must say that I love it! This morning I was stuck at Puntos because it was pouring and I lost my umbrella the other day. I finally grabbed a taxi and got to the centro relatively dry. The roads in the barrio have been converted into muddy rivers. The water literally runs down the sides of the streets, and sometimes right down the middle, dragging rocks and garbage with it. The drainage ditch, which also serves as a garbage dump, has turned into a churning brown river of garbage that runs directly into the lake. On rainy days lots of kids skip school...

The first day of rainy season is officially May 15. Eduardo were cooking in my house, and about a million bugs were crawling all over the sink and in the kitchen. They kept landing on me and I was swatting them away. ¨Where did all these bugs come from¨I asked him, and he said they were the winter bugs and that it was a sure sign that it was going to start raining. Sure enough, about an hour later it started to pour, lightening and everything.

The rain has brought a cool breeze that lasts all day. The oppressive heat has lifted and the intense sun is hidden a lot of the time (my skin is very thankful for this). Although when the sun does come out, it's very humid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home