Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When I grow up, I want to have a mango tree in my backyard




Pictures... Me Rhea and Karina in Masaya

Me and my friend Eduardo at his nephew's baptism.


A few little things...




The other day, I saw The Love Machine bus on the main street in the Fuente again.




Having a mango tree in your backyard during mango season is a heavenly experience. They fall on the roof, and since it's metal, you think that someone's trying to break into your house. They roll onto the ground, and get a little bruised, but they're perfectly yellow, ripe and sweet, ready to eat. Or make mango juice from (way better than the thick Jumex stuff they sell in the Mexican grocery store...)




I went swimming at the airforce pool on Sunday. First sight of the pool... as we were walking down the highway to the entrance, I saw a guy changing out of his bathing suit behind a camoflage painted helicopter. Although out of sight of the pool dwellers, he wasn't out of our sight. The pool was CROWDED! The whole shallow end was packed, people's heads like ants. A DJ played bachata, salsa and palo de mayo music. Boys and kids dove into the deep end over the heads of people clutching the sides of the pool. Trying to swim laps in the deep end was like trying to maneuver through rush hour traffic in Managua. People diving on top of you or coming up out of the water under you, a kid with a kickboard running into me, people swimming frantically without looking up to see where they're going on a diagonal... A group of youth were making towers in the water,3 levels, that came crashing down when the skinny 10 year old made it to the top... I'm definitely going back next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home