Thursday, April 05, 2007

Stuck in the rainforest




So it turns out that transportation is really light on the Thursday and Friday of the Semana Santa, so Rhea and I have been a bit stranded in La Fortuna. Really there could be worse places to be stuck. Today we made a delicious rum drink with fresh pineapple and some pasta and walked to a local swimming hole-water fall that's by the side of the road. There were a ton of locals there, since everyone's off of work and bored. We climbed down a muddy path completely protected high overhead by a green canopy. If you climb up the side of the muddy bank there's a tarzan rope hanging from a branch over the pool, and people swinging into the churning water. After watching a few people go, Rhea climbed up the ravine, got a quick lesson, and jumped in. I wanted to do it, but was scared, but she convinced me to climb up the ravine and take a shot. It looked even higher from this perspective and I was really nervous, but some of the other guys standing around were encouraging, so I just hung onto the rope and plunged in. I honestly don't remember the fall, just being in the water and gasping for air when I emerged. I was shaking when I got out, but decided when I calmed down that I had to do it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger ann.marie said...

it's funny because it sounds like pasta was in the rum drink ...

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home